More than 1000 participants expected in April
All eyes of the international artificial intelligence (AI) community will be on Montreal next month. The city will host the first-ever World Summit AI Americas, taking place on April 10 and 11 at the splendid St-James Theatre.
Mila is delighted to welcome this flagship event in the field of AI, which will bring together more than 1,000 specialists, developers and researchers from over 160 countries. This is the counterpart in the Americas of the World Summit AI, which has been held each fall for the past three years in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Some 60 distinguished speakers will enrich our body of knowledge on AI and its impact on our societies. These people include leading figures such as:
- Yoshua Bengio, Founder and Scientific Director of Mila and Professor of Computer Science and Operations Research, Université de Montréal
- Marc G. Bellemare, Research Scientist, Google Brain and member of Mila’s faculty
- Kay Butterfield-Firth, Head of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, World Economic Forum
- Hassan Sawaf, Director, Artificial Intelligence, Amazon Web Services
These driving forces in AI will share their lessons and experience with attendees, speaking on fascinating topics such as:
- The progress of the AI revolution
- Ways to integrate AI across a company to boost productivity, accelerate growth and expand the customer base
- How AI has transformed businesses, its impact on revenue and the obstacles and challenges they face
- Ways to attract, manage, develop and expand the AI talent pool
- The repercussions of AI on productivity, wages and employment
- Ethics, security and creating value-based systems in AI
Heart of the action
Summit attendees will be part of an exclusive gathering of influential people representing the AI field. During these two action-packed days, they can:
- Hear the most forward-thinking speakers from the worlds of business, technology and science.
- Attend high-level closed-door discussions and learn about plans to develop AI.
- Discover the main technology companies creating so-called “disruptive” AI applications.
- Be among the first to learn about the latest AI-related innovations and product launches around the world.
- Participate in hands-on workshops, where they can find out about starting their own AI experience or deploying machine learning models.
- Network and exchange ideas with specialists from all over the world.
Montreal, global AI hub
Montreal was the natural choice to stage this major conference. Many of the world’s leading players in AI research and development are based here. Whether it’s the city’s academic community, think tanks, institutions or internationally renowned innovative companies, Montreal has definitely become a global hub for AI.
“We are extremely proud to invite the elite of AI to our city,” says Professor Bengio. “Holding this conference in Montreal confirms its leading position on the global AI scene. We intend to seize this unique opportunity to, on the one hand, showcase our Quebec know-how and, on the other hand, advance this field of knowledge that is so crucial to our shared future.”
Click for more information on the World Summit AI Americas.