What are the admission dates?
- Please follow UdeM’s admission calendar.
How long will it take before I could get an answer about my application?
- It takes from 1 month to 2 months, this admission process is handled by the university of Montreal so MILA isn’t involved in this process, for further details, you should contact the admission department.
Is MILA selecting the Professional DESS students ?
- Yes, and we will inform the DIRO
When is the recruitment period?
- From October 15th to February 1st.
When do we get to know that we are selected by MILA ?
- Around 2 months after finalizing your Mila application.
Is there a supervisor?
- Yes, Yoshua Bengio is the administrative supervisor of this program.
Duration of the Professional DESS program?
- 1 year plus 4 months of internship, but it could also be 1 year including the internship.
Is it possible to follow this program on a part time basis?
What’s the admission term?
- Only in Fall.
What’s the tuition fees for UdeM?
Do Professional DESS student get a scholarship from MILA?
- The MILA scholarship is only for the students that are enrolled in the research option degree.
Where can I get some Financial support?
Do we need a GRE certification?
- Not necessary in order to get admitted to the program, although learning french would be an asset for you if you chose the Montreal job market.
What are the prerequisites for the admission?
- GPA 3 and more, Computer science, programming, mathematics, background and DL, ML is a bonus.
Do you have the opportunity to take courses offered at other universities affiliated with MILA?
Yes, however, this is not specific to Mila. Students from a Quebec university can enroll in courses at other Quebec universities through a program called BCI. To complete your 2 open electives, you can use this option to register for courses at McGill, Concordia, Poly, HEC; https://www.bci-qc.ca
Is the program offered to international students?
- Yes, We encourage international students to apply..