The Computer Science and Software Engineering Department at Université Laval invites applications for a tenure-track position.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching, both at undergraduate and graduate levels, computer science and software engineering courses.
- Supervising Master and Ph.D. students.
- Conducting research activities leading to funding grants.
- Participating to administrative activities.
- Ph.D. degree (completed or about to be completed) in computer science and software engineering, or equivalent.
- Publications in refereed scientific journals and conference proceedings.
- Strong research potential and excellent teaching capacities.
- Good communication skills. French is the teaching language of the university. For a non-native speaker, the University provides various means of learning and developing communication skills in the French language.
- Research focus in the field of machine learning or a related field.
- Membership or eligibility for the Quebec professional engineering association (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec) is considered an asset.
- Industrial experience and the ability to initiate research collaborations with industry are considered an asset.
A successful candidate with a high level of research activity in the development of machine learning may be recommended for a CIFAR Research Chair in Artificial Intelligence.
How to apply
Application deadline: December 16th, 2018
Expected starting date: May 6th, 2019
Applications should be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to Béchir Ktari, Head of the Department, in the form of a zip file containing the following documents (in pdf format):
- A curriculum vitae.
The curriculum vitae should include the URL of their Google Scholar profile page.
- A description of the intended research program (preferably in french), with a maximum of three pages, excluding references.
- One to three representative publications.
- A description (about one page) of an undergraduate course (13 sessions of 3h) on an aspect of artificial intelligence.
In addition, three reference letters (addressed to email@example.com), provided directly from signatories, are required.