Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence. Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between the Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Mila’s mission is to be a global hub of scientific advancement that inspires innovation and the growth of AI for the benefit of all – including the training of talents, cutting-edge research, collaborative projects and open discussions on ethical and responsible development.
Your future team
Reporting to the Vice-President of Partnerships and Corporate Affairs, the Partnerships team acts as a bridge between Mila and its partners: startups, large and medium-sized businesses, NPOs and research institutes. You will be part of a young, dynamic and agile team, focused on the quality of its service to partners and the development of business and projects for Mila.
You will be mainly responsible for monitoring the industrial and academic internships of Mila’s professional master’s students. You will be responsible for the entire internship management process from the organization of internship fairs, supporting students in their internship search, supporting industrial partners in their recruitment process, facilitate networking between students and companies, monitoring internships until their conclusion and evaluating internship experiences. In your functions, you will collaborate with the student community, with Mila’s industrial partners representing more than 70 start-ups, large companies, NPOs and research institutes, as well as with the Quebec, Canadian and international artificial intelligence ecosystem.
Your main responsibilities
- Be in charge of the industrial internship program of Mila’s professional master’s degree as a whole;
- Plan and organize a minimum of two recruitment events per year to facilitate networking between MSc students and Mila’s partners;
- Accompany students through the process of finding an internship and concluding an internship agreement with companies;
- Work closely with students in their Mitacs funding applications and their internship applications to the Université de Montréal;
- Assist Mila’s industrial partners in their recruitment process;
- Accompany Mila’s partners through the administrative process of concluding an internship, both with Mitacs and the universities;
- Follow-up on the internship applications with the Université de Montréal and scholarship applications with Mitacs;
- Proceed with the pairing of students with internship supervisors, follow-up with each supervisor and ensure their payment;
- Ensure the follow-up and evaluation of internships upon completion;
- Introduce Mitacs’s various programs to businesses and NPOs;
- Introduce companies to Mila’s various researchers;
- Represent Mila to current and potential partners and promote the applied training program, including the internship program offered jointly with Mitacs;
- Participate in the collection of key performance indicators for the Partnerships team as part of its reporting.
- University degree;
- Good knowledge of the university environment and industry internship an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills and rigour;
- Ability to work with a varied clientele: students and business partners;
- Excellent communication skills;
- At ease in a flexible and evolving environment;
- Familiarity with the field of artificial intelligence or a strong desire to deepen your knowledge in this field;
- Bilingualism: French and English (oral and written communication).
- Benefit from excellent employment conditions (comprehensive group insurance program, retirement savings plan with employer contributions, generous vacation policy);
- Work in the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex-district, close to public transportation;
- Maintain a work/life balance with our flexible working hours;
- Be surrounded by experts in their field, passionate and exciting people;
- Enjoy a collaborative work atmosphere.
Mila values equity, diversity and inclusion. We value the development of ideas in teams and cultivate an open and respectful working environment. The masculine gender is used to simplify the text. We encourage all candidates to apply for this position, however, only selected individuals will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recruitment.