Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence. Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between the Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Mila’s mission is to be a global hub of scientific advancement that inspires innovation and the growth of AI for the benefit of all – including the training of talents, cutting-edge research, collaborative projects and open discussions on ethical and responsible development.
Your future team
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, you will be mainly in charge of managing important existing partnerships as well as the business development of the Partnerships team. Together with the Director, Partnerships, your duties will lead you to play a key role in attracting and retaining strategic industrial partners for Mila. You will be responsible for ensuring rigorous customer service for your assigned partner accounts and for strategically approaching organizations/companies to guarantee a pool of quality Mila partners. In all of your duties, you will be required to collaborate with the community of organizations associated with Mila, which includes more than 70 startups, large corporations, NPOs, investment funds and research institutes from around the world – as well as with the Quebec, Canadian and international artificial intelligence ecosystems.
Your main responsibilities
- Provide customer service to existing partner organizations so that they can get the most out of their partnership with Mila (e.g., create connections between partners, researchers and the AI ecosystem, stay informed on the industry best practices and the AI needs of its established partners);
- Contribute to the development of tools and programs that provide a standardized, high-quality service to partners;
- Participate in updating the business development strategy for upcoming years along with the Partnerships team;
- Maintain a pool of quality partners by approaching new organizations/companies;
- Be part of the thought process on projects related to partnerships (communications, events, startup ecosystem, project development, etc.);
- Ensure the follow-up of activities (meetings, progress) with the organizations that will be under his/her responsibility using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- University degree (graduate degree, an asset);
- Between five (5) and ten (10) years of experience in a relevant role (consulting or business development experience an asset);
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and results-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Comfortable in a flexible and evolving environment;
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills;
- Familiar with the field of Artificial Intelligence or a strong desire to learn more on the subject;
- Bilingualism essential: French and English (oral and written communication) at an advanced level.
- Benefit from excellent employment conditions (comprehensive group insurance program, retirement savings plan with employer contributions, generous vacation policy);
- Work in the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex-district, close to public transportation;
- Maintain a work/life balance with our flexible working hours;
- Be surrounded by experts in their field, passionate and exciting people;
- Enjoy a collaborative work atmosphere.
Mila values equity, diversity and inclusion. We value the development of ideas in teams and cultivate an open and respectful working environment. The masculine gender is used to simplify the text. We encourage all candidates to apply for this position, however, only selected individuals will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recruitment.