Maternity leave replacement – Beginning June 2021 (approximate duration: one year)
Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of Université de Montréal, Mila brings together researchers specializing in artificial intelligence, and more specifically in machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning. Recognized worldwide for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has particularly distinguished itself in language modelling, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila has been the result of a partnership between Université de Montréal and McGill University, in close collaboration with Polytechnique Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Mila’s mission is to be a global hub of scientific advancement that inspires innovation and the growth of artificial intelligence (AI) for the benefit of all.
Your future team
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, you will support Mila’s partners by taking responsibility for and managing applied AI research projects with industry and coordinating the support provided by Mila’s various teams in relation to these projects. Through your business development efforts, you will solicit and secure the support, buy-in and participation of organizations that can contribute these projects. In addition, you will be responsible for managing important existing partnerships for which you must provide rigorous client service. As a result, you will be in contact with many external stakeholders, including companies, government ministries and agencies, universities, research institutes, and provincial and national sponsors, and contribute significantly to the implementation of Mila’s strategies.
Your main duties
- Maintain an active pipeline of applied AI research projects with industry.
- Collaborate with project setup and execution teams.
- Mobilize key stakeholders mentioned in project proposals so that they can participate in the projects.
- Provide client service to existing partner organizations so that they get the most out of their partnership with Mila (e.g., create links between partners, researchers and the AI ecosystem; proactively stay up to date with the industry and the AI needs of his assigned partners, etc.).
- Follow up on activities (such as meetings) and their progress with organizations that will be under your responsibility using the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Participate in discussions on partnership-related initiatives (e.g., communications, events, start-up ecosystems, project development, etc.).
- Any other related tasks
- University degree (graduate degree an asset)
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a relevant role (consulting, business development or project/partnership management an asset)
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Familiar with the field of artificial intelligence or strong desire to expand your knowledge in this field
- Comfortable with project development, financing packages and legal contract negotiations (an asset)
- Impeccable client management skills
- Comfortable working in a flexible, evolving environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Leadership and autonomy
- Bilingualism essential: advanced English and French (spoken and written)
Good reasons to work at Mila
- Enjoy excellent working conditions (comprehensive group insurance program, Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions, generous vacation policy)
- Work in the heart of Montreal’s Little Italy in the Mile-Ex district, a trendy neighbourhood that brings together several AI and tech companies and start-ups, and close to public transportation.
- Maintain a work-life balance with our flexible working hours.
- Rub shoulders with fascinating, passionate people who are experts in their field.
- Take advantage of a collaborative work environment.
Mila is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We value the development of ideas as a team and cultivate an open work environment that respects differences. The masculine gender is used only for the sake of brevity. We encourage all candidates to apply, however only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!
Please send your resume to: email@example.com