Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence. Recognized globally for its significant contributions to deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
In addition to its academic training and fundamental research focus, Mila’s mission is to contribute to Quebec and Canada’s economic development through technology transfer and business innovation.
As part of Mila’s Applied Machine Learning Research team, the candidate will manage a team of researchers working with industrial partners to build machine learning-based proofs of concept. The projects selected by the team cover a wide range of domains, are in general highly challenging at the scientific level and can lead to publications.
In addition to expertise in management and machine learning, we favour candidates with strong experience in natural language processing, computer vision, graph representation learning, or reinforcement learning.
- Manage a team of machine / deep learning researchers working on applied research projects with industrial partners, and scientists from academic labs and research institutes.
- Technically lead applied research projects with the goal of solving challenging industrial problems.
- Meet with industrial partners to evaluate their needs in machine learning, and identify the best strategy to support them.
- Stay up-to-date with the state of the art in machine / deep learning.
- Foster relationships with the AI community to attract top talent to the team.
- Expertise in machine / deep learning (MSc, Ph.D., post-doc in the field, or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of management experience in the industry, leading teams of machine / deep learning researchers and software engineers.
- Expertise in PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lead a project and to work well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in English.
- Industry experience in machine / deep learning.
- Expertise in natural language processing, computer vision, graph representation learning, or reinforcement learning.
- Proficiency in French.
- Stimulating workplace, with the possibility of interacting with Mila’s researchers, and attending a wide range of seminars and discussion groups.
- Participation in conferences.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Generous annual vacation policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Located at the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex neighbourhood.
- Easy access to public transit.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recruitment.