1. Interview with a Professor
If your application is selected for an interview, you will receive a confirmation by email and will be invited to a video conference interview with a designated Professor from the Université de Montréal.
2. Preparation of the admission documents
Note that there may be very little time between the time you receive your supervisor’s acceptance date and UdeM’s registration deadline, so we advise you to prepare your admission documents at the University of Montreal at the same time as the one for the request for supervision in Mila.
3. Supervision accepted
We will inform the successful candidates for an interview at the end of January. Interviews take place during the month of February. If the candidate has not been selected, he will be informed in March.
4. Admission at Université de Montréal
Once you have been accepted to be supervised at Mila, if your professor is a faculty of University of Montreal, you have to officially apply for admission in the Computer Science Ph.D. program within the University of Montreal Computer Science Department (Département d’Informatique et recherche Opérationnelle). More information is available on this page on the DIRO website, please read this page carefully.
- Submit your application , Ph.D program: 317510.
- Send any accompanying original documents by snail mail.
- Complete your part of this short form and sign it, scan it and email it to recruitment.at.mila AT gmail (dot) com and to the Mila professor who accepted to be your primary adviser. He or she will complete the rest of the form and give it to the department administration to have it deposited in your admission file.
- Your adviser will also need to send to the department administration an acceptance letter stating that he or she agrees to supervise you during your Ph.D program.
- Note that there may be very little time between the time you receive your supervisor’s acceptance letter and UdeM’s registration deadline, so we advise you to prepare your application. admission to the University of Montreal at the same time as the request for supervision at Mila.
- Start the student permit / visa process as soon as possible (as it takes time to complete). An essential document for this process will be your official admission letter from the University of Montreal (which will be sent to you once the admission decision has been officially pronounced by the administration). Another important document will be a proof of sufficient funding. For this your adviser will have to send you a letter to attest that he or she will be supervising you and specifying your yearly funding.
If you still have questions, you can reach Linda Peinthière at: 1 514 343-6111 ext. 7472.