1. Interview with a professor
If your application is selected for an interview, you will receive a confirmation by email and will be invited to a video conference interview with a designated Professor from the Université de Montréal.
2. Preparation of the admission documents
Note that there may be very little time between the time you receive your supervisor’s acceptance date and UdeM’s registration deadline, so we advise you to prepare your admission documents at the University of Montreal at the same time as the one for the request for supervision in Mila.
3. Supervision accepted
We will inform the successful candidates for an interview at the end of January. Interviews take place during the month of February. If the candidate has not been selected, he will be informed in March.
4. Admission to Université de Montréal
Accepted candidates will then be able to complete their registration with the Université de Montréal, at the department of the chosen supervisor.
Once you have been accepted at Mila, if your professor is affiliated with the University of Montreal, you must officially apply for admission in the Computer Science M.Sc. program within the University of Montreal Computer Science Department (Département d’Informatique et recherche Opérationnelle). More information is available on this page on the DIRO website, please read this page carefully.
- Submit your application , M.Sc. program: 217510 (in most cases segment 72).
- Send some accompanying original documents by snail mail.
- Your adviser will need to send to the department administration an acceptance letter stating that he agrees to supervise you during your Master’s program.
- Start the student permit / visa process as soon as possible (as it takes time to complete). An essential document for this process will be your official admission letter from the University of Montreal (that will be sent to you once the admission decision has been officially pronounced by the administration). Another important document will be a proof of sufficient funding. For this your adviser will have to send you a letter to attest that he will be supervising you and specifying your yearly funding.