Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of Université de Montréal, Mila brings together researchers specializing in artificial intelligence, more specifically machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning. Recognized worldwide for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has particularly distinguished itself in language modelling, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila has been the product of a partnership between Université de Montréal and McGill University, in close collaboration with Polytechnique Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Mila’s mission is to pursue research excellence in the field of artificial intelligence, provide leadership in the AI ecosystem through technology transfer, and promote the ethical and socially acceptable use of AI.
Your future team: Finance
You will be working as part of the Finance team. We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate initiative and thoroughness and who will help support the Finance team in its daily activities.
Your main functions
- Participate in reporting to granting agencies (MÉI, CIFAR and others);
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and five-year financial plan;
- Conduct appropriate analyses with respect to the monitoring of the Institute’s budget, research funds, projects, activities and performance indicators;
- Support activities related to the development of the Institute’s business intelligence process;
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and the development of management tools;
- All other administrative and related tasks.
- University degree in accounting or administration (accounting option) or equivalent;
- Between one and three years of experience in a similar position;
- Strong analytical skills, both organizational and strategic;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office/Google Suite (Excel and Sheets);
- Ability to use the Google Drive file storage and sharing service;
- Experience in a non-profit organization an asset;
- Knowledge of Sage 300 an asset;
- Bilingualism (both spoken and written);
- Professionalism and thoroughness;
- Autonomy, team spirit and sense of humour.
- Benefit from excellent working conditions (comprehensive group insurance program, retirement savings plan with employer contribution and generous vacation policy);
- Work in the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex district close to public transportation;
- Maintain a work-life balance with our flexible work schedules and the opportunity to telecommute;
- Work alongside experts in their field, all passionate and fascinating people;
- Enjoy a collaborative work environment.
How to apply
Please submit your application here.
Mila is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. We value the development of ideas in teams and cultivate an open work environment that respects differences. We encourage all candidates to apply, however only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!