Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the University of Montreal, Mila brings together researchers specializing in artificial intelligence and more specifically in machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning. Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in language modeling, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a collaboration between the Université de Montréal and McGill University, in close collaboration with Polytechnique Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Your main functions
We are looking for a candidate to collaborate on the organization of the Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning Summer School (2020 edition) to be held in Montreal. https://dlrlsummerschool.ca. Launched in 2005 by CIFAR Fellows, the DLRLSS has become the AI Training Event of the Year, with the world’s brightest graduate students, post-docs, professionals and researchers coming together for 9 days of classes, collaborations and networking.
DLRLSS in figures: 1256 applications received from 75 countries – 300 students accepted from 36 different countries.
This mandate is for a period of 8 months. Flexible schedule of 20 hours / week from January to March and 35 hours / week for April-August.
- Prepare a work schedule
- Develop an action plan for the conference
- Establish a budget estimate and update it during the mandate
- Work with CIFAR and the Vector and Amii institutes to organize the event
- Manage the various stages of organization: – program development – booking of speakers – review application requests – define the process of selection of participants – manage the website of the event – manage the logistical aspects of the conference (location, audio-visual needs, setting up, catering, social evenings)
- Assist the Mila Event Manager in any other task related to the conference
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Event Management or any other relevant field
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in event organization (experience of at least 3 major events)
- Have good interpersonal skills
- French and English proficiency (bilingual), both oral and written
- Efficiency, creativity and integrity
Please contact email@example.com for recruitment.
Mila is a fair employer and diversity is important to us. We value the development of team ideas and cultivate an open and respectful work environment. We encourage all applicants to apply, however only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!