Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence. Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between the Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Mila’s mission is to be a global hub of scientific advancement that inspires innovation and the growth of AI for the benefit of all – including the training of talents, cutting-edge research, collaborative projects and open discussions on ethical and responsible development.
Mila – Quebec Artificial Intelligence Institute is looking for a coordinator to join its communications team.
Your future team
Reporting to the Head, Communications and Media Relations, the Communications Coordinator will work with the communications team and the various sectors to support the overall communications initiatives of Mila, a research institute recognized worldwide for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning.
This position will support the development and execution of communications strategies to contribute to Mila’s reputation as a world-class artificial intelligence (AI) research institute.
This is a 3-month contract, with the possibility of extension. Flexible schedule of 20 hours/week.
Your main responsibilities
- Promote Mila to a wide audience of companies, decision-makers, researchers, professors and students;
- Collaborate in the production and distribution of content for the various platforms (website, social media, etc.) and communication tools (corporate fact sheets, presentation, press release, newsletter, video, etc.);
- Maintain a centralized calendar of Mila’s communication activities;
- Coordinate the production of the annual report by collecting the necessary information from all departments involved;
- Oversee the production of Mila’s newsletters for various audiences (researchers, partners, industry, decision-makers, the general public);
- Support the team in the administration of contracts for creative service partners and ensure that invoices are processed on time;
- Support any other outreach projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or any other relevant field;
- 1 to 3 years of related experience;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in oral and written English and French;
- Efficiency, creativity and integrity.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and at least three sample texts to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for considering this job offer. We will contact those whose qualifications most closely match the specific qualities sought for this position.
Mila values equity, diversity and inclusion. We value the development of ideas in teams and cultivate an open and respectful working environment. The masculine gender is used to simplify the text. We encourage all candidates to apply for this position, however, only selected individuals will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!