Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). Recognized globally for its significant contributions to deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
In addition to its academic training and fundamental research focus, Mila’s mission is to contribute to Quebec and Canada’s economic development through technology transfer and business innovation.
As part of the Applied Machine Learning Research team, the candidate will help companies innovate by building proofs of concept based on machine learning. The projects selected by the team cover a wide range of domains, are in general highly challenging at the scientific level and can lead to publications. The candidate will also contribute to building and fostering long-term relationships with Mila’s partners and players in the AI ecosystem. Finally, the candidate might be involved in the development of professional training programs.
- Participate in challenging applied machine learning research projects with companies, academic or research institutes.
- Support companies through consulting / coaching to introduce AI in their products or improve their AI-based solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with the state of the art in machine / deep learning.
- Develop machine learning training programs for the industry.
- Strong expertise in machine / deep learning (MSc, Ph.D., post-doc in the field, or equivalent work experience).
- Expertise in PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead a project and to work well as part of a team.
- Industry experience in machine / deep learning.
- Industry experience in fields of application of machine / deep learning.
- Strong background in applied math or physics.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Stimulating workplace, with the possibility of interacting with Mila’s researchers, and attending a wide range of seminars and discussion groups.
- Participation in conferences.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Generous annual vacation policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Located at the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex neighbourhood.
- Easy access to public transit.
Mila is an equitable employer and committed to diversity. We value developing ideas as a team and cultivate an open work environment that is respectful of differences. The masculine gender is used only for the purpose of brevity. We encourage all candidates to apply, however only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!