The professional M.Sc. in machine learning is a program offered at University of Montreal that starts with 6 graduate level classes. This is followed by a 6 months internship in industry or in an academic laboratory.
Students are supervised by a professor and a staff member from the MILA R&D team, who provide daily guidance and linkage with industrial partners.
The goal of this program is to offer internship opportunities in Montreal where the knowledge of French is a strong asset. Some internship opportunities might require the applicant to speak in French. You can also view the Internship procedure and Internship documents.
Admission Process for Professional M.Sc. in University of Montreal
- Complete the online MILA application form.
- We will send a message acknowledging that we have received the application.
- Complete an application to University of Montreal’s Masters in Computer Science (internship option).
- Send some accompanying original documents by snail mail.
- A professor will examine your application (we receive numerous applications so this may take a couple of weeks, please be patient.)
- The DIRO department will contact you regarding the decision for your application.
- If you were accepted, start the student permit / visa process as soon as possible (unless you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident).
If you still have questions, you can reach Linda Peinthière at: 1 514 343-6111 ext. 7472.