Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence. Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between the Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
Your future team: The IDT team (Innovation, Development and Technologies)
This team’s mission is to accelerate research in the field of artificial intelligence. It is composed of experts in the field of machine learning and with an interest in both hardware and software tools that can drive research. You will be in close collaboration with more than 300 researchers working on fascinating research problems.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation, Development and Technology, you will act as an expert and advisor on the evolution of all information systems, particularly in the design, deployment and evolution of IT equipment.
Your main functions:
- Participate in the design and implementation of innovative and high-performance scientific computing solutions, in conjunction with the team’s experts. (Equipment, Infonuagics, Storage, Networking, Containers, Clusters, Developments)
- Analyze and optimize hardware and software configuration to maximize performance for scientific applications.
- Carry out continuous technological monitoring on emerging best practices in the field of scientific computing. (GPUs, distributed architectures, etc.)
- Propose and deploy new practices and tools to ensure the reliability, stability and supervision of IT resources.
- Participate in the development of innovative tools for research and their implementation.
- Document and share best practices for the use of the resources put in place and guide researchers in their use of them.
- Analysis, optimization of R&D software and applications
- University degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of computer experience (multidisciplinary: operations and/or development)
- Practical knowledge and interests for computing infrastructures and solutions (Slurm…)
- Linux, Shell, Python skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux system administration
- Excellent practical knowledge of equipment, storage
- Excellent practical knowledge of containers
- Excellent practical knowledge in infonuagics
- Excellent network and virtualization skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e. g. Jenkins)
- Experience in monitoring a complex computer system
The following knowledge is considered an asset:
- OpenStack cluster administration
- Experience in project management and/or agile methodologies
Team spirit and collaboration
Good reasons to work in Mila
- Benefit from excellent employment conditions (comprehensive group insurance program, employer-contributed retirement savings plan, generous vacation policy).
- Work in the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex district near public transport.
- Maintain a work-life balance with our flexible work schedules.
- Work with experts in their field, passionate and exciting people.
- Enjoy a collaborative working environment.