Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
In addition to its academic training and fundamental research focus, Mila’s mission is to contribute to Quebec and Canada’s economic development through technology transfer and business innovation.
As part of Mila’s Applied Machine Learning Research team, the candidate will manage a team of machine learning researchers working on applied research projects with industrial partners with the goal of helping companies innovate by integrating AI into their products or improving their existing AI-based solutions.
In addition to expertise in management and machine learning, we favor candidates with strong experience in natural language processing, computer vision, graph representation learning, or reinforcement learning.
- Manage a team of machine / deep learning researchers working on applied research projects with industrial partners, and scientists from academic labs and research institutes.
- Technically lead applied research projects.
- Stay up-to-date with the state of the art in machine / deep learning.
- Foster relationships with the AI community to attract top talent to the team.
- Dedicate one day per week to own research projects.
- Expertise in machine / deep learning (MSc, PhD, post-doc in the field, or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of management experience in industry, leading teams of machine / deep learning researchers and software engineers.
- Expertise in PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lead a project and to work well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in English.
- Industry experience in machine / deep learning.
- Expertise in natural language processing, computer vision, graph representation learning, or reinforcement learning.
- Proficiency in French.
- Stimulating and cutting-edge workplace.
- Participation in conferences.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Generous annual vacation policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Located at the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex neighborhood.
- Easy access to public transit.
Mila values equity, diversity and inclusion. We value the development of ideas in teams and cultivate an open and respectful working environment. The masculine gender is used to simplify the text. We encourage all candidates to apply for this position, however only selected individuals will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Mila!
Please contact email@example.com for recruitment.