Founded by Professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, Mila rallies researchers specializing in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). Recognized globally for its significant contributions to the field of deep learning, Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of natural language processing, machine translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, Mila is the result of a partnership between the Université de Montréal, McGill University, École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
In addition to its academic training and fundamental research focus, Mila’s mission is to contribute to Quebec and Canada’s economic development through technology transfer and business innovation.
As part of the technology transfer team, the candidate will manage a team of machine learning researchers working on applied research projects with industrial partners with the goal of helping companies innovate by integrating AI into their products or improving their existing AI-based solutions. The candidate will also contribute to building and fostering long-term relationships with Mila’s partners and players in the AI ecosystem. Finally, the candidate will be involved in defining professional machine learning training programs to increase the talent pool in this field.
Multidisciplinarity is desired. In addition to expertise in management and machine learning, we favor candidates with expertise in areas of application of AI such as computer vision, natural language understanding, biomedical, medical, neuroscience, law, insurance, ethics, finance, cybersecurity, transportation, agriculture, robotics, chemistry.
- Manage a team of machine / deep learning researchers working on applied research projects with industrial partners, and scientists from academic labs and research institutes.
- Participate in strategic and technical discussions with industrial partners to identify opportunities for using AI in their products.
- Contribute to improving the collaboration strategy with industrial partners to ensure maximum economic impact.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for professional machine / deep learning training programs that will significantly increase the talent pool in those fields.
- Stay up-to-date with the state of the art in machine / deep learning.
- Foster relationships with the AI community to attract top talent to the team.
- Dedicate one day per week to own research projects.
- Expertise in machine or deep learning (MSc, PhD, post-doc in the field, or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of management experience in industry, leading teams of machine / deep learning researchers and software engineers.
- Expertise in PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lead a project and to work well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Industry experience in machine / deep learning.
- Industry experience in fields of application of machine / deep learning.
- Industry experience in software engineering.
- Expertise in reinforcement learning.
- Stimulating and cutting-edge workplace.
- Participation in conferences.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Generous annual vacation policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Located at the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex neighborhood.
- Easy access to public transit.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recruitment.