Founded by professor Yoshua Bengio of the Université de Montréal, the Mila brings together specialized researchers in the field of deep learning. Recognized worldwide for its important contributions to the field, the Mila has distinguished itself in the areas of generative models, automatic translation, object recognition and generative models. Since 2017, the Mila is a collaboration between Université de Montréal and McGill University, with close ties to École Polytechnique de Montréal and HEC Montréal.
The Mila’s mission is to pursue excellence in artificial intelligence, provide leadership in the AI ecosystem through technological transfer and to promote the ethical and socially acceptable use of AI.
Do you have the soul of a pioneer or inventor? Are you curious and eager to understand how things work? If you are a Research Software Developer or Engineer with Deep Learning skills who wishes to push the boundaries of what is possible, come to Mila and join our growing Innovation, Development and Technologies team (IDT).
This team aims to support and enable researchers in the AI field. At Mila you will be in close interactions with more than 300 of researchers working on new and fascinating research problems. The Mila’s Innovation, Development and Technologies team has already invented impactful new technologies, including the well-known Theano framework, which paved the way for the new platforms such as TensorFlow and others.
The Mila IDT team consists of passionate experts in Machine Learning (Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning) and Software Development (programming languages, compilers, GPUs, optimization, etc.) actively collaborating with Mila researchers.
We are looking for a Research Software Developer/Engineer willing to become one of the PyTorch experts at Mila, to develop new tools adapted to the needs of researchers. Mentoring graduate students and growing the local PyTorch community. Possibility of contributing to the upstream PyTorch project.
Disclaimer: Although this position specifically targets PyTorch, Mila researchers do not work only with the PyTorch platform.
- Design and develop new functionality in software we use, in particular PyTorch.
- Study Pytorch and its architecture in depth.
- Transfer expertise to graduate students.
- Support and advise students, professors and researchers about research and software.
- Participate in research projects.
- Collaborate with the PyTorch community.
- PhD or Master’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with Python and the Linux operating system.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Already have contributed to PyTorch or other machine learning framework.
- Knowledge of PyTorch, TensorFlow and/or Theano.
- Experience with HPC and/or GPUs.
- Familiarity with C++
- Team worker.
- Likes challenge.
- Stimulating and cutting-edge workplace.
- Competitive salaries.
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement fund.
- Generous annual vacation policy.
- Stimulating environment at the cutting edge of research.
- Located at the heart of Little Italy, in the trendy Mile-Ex neighborhood.
- Easy access to public transit.
Please contact email@example.com for recruitment.