Description of mandate
Mila and Calcul Québec are looking for an analyst who will work in collaboration with Mila and Calcul Québec teams. This analyst will be responsible for the development and implementation of new procedures allowing both teams be working in the field of machine learning using Calcul Québec and Compute Canada’s shared resources efficiently and effectively. This analyst will share his time between the Calcul Québec team, whose mandate is to support researchers in their use of advanced computing resources in general and the Mila team, recognized for its research in the field of deep learning, in order to understand the different types of needs.
- Lead the development of innovative processes and scripts for job submission made through the SLURM scheduling software.
- Contribute also to the writing of the technical documentation, as well as the installation and maintenance of the relevant software suites.
- Develop processes and procedures for the efficient use of containers to facilitate the movement of tasks from one site to another.
- Work under minimal supervision and be responsible for quality and product results. The main tasks correspond to advanced computing.
- Determine the priorities for the development of processes and scripts for the submission of tasks to Calcul Québec and Compute Canada supercomputers using the SLURM scheduler software.
- Develop new processes and scripts for submitting tasks.
- Integrate and maintain software suites relevant to researchers in the field of artificial intelligence.
- Supervise students in their efficient use of containers to facilitate the movement of tasks from one site to another.
- Write internal and external technical documentation.
- Represent the Quebec IA research community in the Compute Canada Scheduling Working Group.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant field of specialization and three (3) years of experience in the field of research or university degree in a relevant field of specialization.
- Specialized skills or expertise may be required.
- Oral and written French knowledge
- English language knowledge
Union of University of Montreal Research Employees
Posting period: July 10 to 22, 2018 inclusively
Salary scale: R3 – $ 56,329 to $ 80,952
Work schedule: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Term: one year year with possibility of extension
- Diversified and interesting career perspective.
- Comprehensive benefits program and pension plan.
- Advantageous annual vacation policy.
- Easy access by public transport.
How to apply
Career at UdeM: helping society, facing challenges and being considered
The Université de Montréal, along with its affiliated schools, HEC Montréal and Polytechnique Montréal, is the leading teaching and research center in Québec for its number of students and professors, as well as its research volume. Our employees can count on competitive global compensation, exceptional working conditions and living environment.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Through its Equal Opportunity Employment Program, the Université de Montréal invites women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. When recruiting, our selection tools can be adapted to the needs of people with disabilities who request it. Be assured of the confidentiality of this information. The University advocates the inclusion and diversity of its staff and also encourages people of all orientations and sexual identities to apply.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply to UdeM. However, in accordance with the requirements of immigration to Canada, please note that priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.