Description of mandate
The professionals of the R&D and technology transfer team of MILA will be asked to manage, participate or implement application projects with companies with the objective of transferring knowledge to the staff of the company. The mission of this team is also to help develop an ecosystem of AI in Quebec. It helps small businesses innovate with consulting mandates to integrate AI into their products and creates long-term relationships with our partners and players in the AI ecosystem.
Multi-disciplinarity is desired. In addition to the expertise sought in deep learning, we favor the hiring of candidates with additional expertise in the areas of application of AI, such as: biomedical, medical, law, insurance, ethics, finance, cybersecurity, transportation, computer vision, 3D vision, natural language processing, neuroscience, operational research.
- AI consulting / coaching with companies;
- Project delivery;
- Supervision of internships in business of professional master’s students in machine learning;
- Training (prepare content and deliver courses);
- Freedom to work on research topics of interest 1 day a week.
- Do fundamental research in machine learning / deep learning;
- Apply applied research leading to concrete results;
- Publish rigorous articles whose results can be reproduced;
- Collaborate openly with peers to enrich the ecosystem of AI research;
- Explore the diversityS of contexts and situations in which machine learning can be applied;
- Design and develop improved and innovative learning solutions;
- Establishment of databases to enable machine learning;
- Use and discover the best tools to do effective research;
- Produce quality code;
- Assist in the financial planning of projects;
- Play an effective liaison role by supporting technology transfer and integration of applied research results into development projects of members and partner companies.
- Advanced university degree in an appropriate field of specialization, doctorate or post-doc an asset;
- Specialized skills or expertise may be required;
- Experience in project management;
- Business and client management experience;
- Be able to perform various tasks in parallel;
- Team spirit and collaboration, contribution to the community;
- Positive attitude and respect for colleagues;
- Respect MILA values: ethical and socially responsible application of AI;
- Autonomy, excellent communication skills, tact, diplomacy;
- Knowledge of Python, C++, NumPy, TensorFlow or PyTorch an asset;
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Flexible work schedule;
- Participation in conferences abroad;
- Participation in networking activities (cocktails, special events).
Nominations may be submitted to Luc St-Pierre.